FOLLOW THE MONEY, SEIZE THE MONEY, SECURE THE MONEY
February 11 @ 8:30 am - 4:30 pm$299
February 11 and 12, 2019
Monmouth County Police Academy
DAY ONE: FINANCIAL CRIMES LAW AND CONDUCTING FINANCIAL CRIMES INVESTIGATIONS
- Officers will gain an in-depth understanding of New Jersey’s theft and forgery statutes while acquiring the tools needed to address today’s white-collar criminals in a technology driven society.
- The officer will be introduced to a foundation of financial crimes investigative methods and trends utilized to engage in the crimes of embezzlement, counterfeit checks, credit card fraud, identity theft, power of attorney fraud, document fraud, insurance fraud and money laundering.
- Officers will be presented with multiple financial crimes case studies that will allow them to analyze the cases and determine the charges to file along with the investigative methods to obtain probable cause.
DAY TWO: METHODS OF LOCATING AND SEIZING HIDDEN ASSETS
- Detailed preliminary discussion will center on the types of fraud, methods utilized to move currency and basic investigative measures to assist in identifying the flow of money and assets.
- Specific focus will be on the investigative measures for both narcotics and financial crimes cases detailing how to build a financial profile of your target(s) along with identifying assets of the individuals and organization. We will focus on forfeiture of assets/seizures of properties and bank accounts; various investigative databases designed to identify fraudulent activity, proactive and reactive investigative measures and the steps used to strengthen court testimony.